Friday, January 31, 2014

Update

Since it's the last day of January, I can't believe how fast time goes by. Anyways, I thought I would do an update on how my New Years goals are going. 

Here is the list of my goals I posted on January 3rd, and how I'm doing under it in yellow. 
 
-become closer to God 
I have become closer to God, I talk to Him and pray more than I did before.
 
-read the Bible daily
I can't say that I read it daily, but I do read it more than I did, this is one I'll have to keep working on.
 
-be a better Christian
I believe I have, I get excited about going to church and I am happier when I listen to Christian music and I feel like I talk about God more.
 
-be a better wife
I think so, not that I was ever bad.
 
-inspire and encourage people with my blog
I do believe that I have done this, the feedback I have received has all been positive and encouraging to me as well, I makes me feel great and I appreciate it. 
 
-meet new people through my blog 
I haven't yet, but I hope I do. 
 
-for my blog to be successful
This goal will take time, so I will just keep doing what I am doing and if it's Gods will, I'll accept it. 
 
-make healthy lifestyle changes
I have been making healthier choices, but not everyday.
 
-randomly mail cards to others 
I need to buy some cards so I can do this!
 
-not to compare myself to others 
This is still hard, I am working on it, but it will take time.
 
-cook new recipes 
I haven't tried any new yet, but I'm sure I will. 
 
-visit new places 
This hasn't happened, maybe soon. 
 
-learn to sew on a sewing machine
Not yet, I need a sewing machine, lol.
 
-take more pictures
I have started to take some more, but I think I need to take even more, for memories.
 
-worry less
I do find myself giving my worries to God rather than worrying, so yes I do worry less.
 
-smile more
Yes, I do :)
 
-be more adventurous 
I haven't really had the opportunity to be more adventurous yet.
 
-try to be less shy 
I would say I'm still working on this., it's hard to break out of a shell.

Did you mew new years goals? How are you doing on your now that the first month of the year is about to end? Todays post was simple but it made me realize that I need to work harder at some of these goals, and take some of them more seriously. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment