Wednesday, January 15, 2014

P31W Wednesday #2

 
In chapter 2, Sara talks about stepping up to the plate of becoming a P31W. Sara knew she couldn't take on the 21 characteristics of the P31W, so she takes baby steps to do so. Her first step was catching up on some cleaning she hadn't got around to and the next step was to cook something. Sara mentions that her husband is a great cook, so she doesn't cook much. She decides to make a banana pudding, she had everything she needed and she even made it homemade pudding even though she wanted to use instant pudding mix. She made it and she was proud of herself, taking her first step to become a P31W! So, the discussion questions this week is about cooking. 

How would you describe yourself as a cook? 
-Most meals I make are pretty good. I haven't burnt anything or set the smoke alarm off yet. We usually have enough left over for me to take to lunch the next day and that's it, so I guess that's a good sign that my husband likes it. My husband is honest if he doesn't like it, he'll tell me but he hasn't told me he hadn't liked something yet. He has said maybe to add something or use less of a certain spice the next time I make it. I like to try new recipes I think we both will like. 

Are you gourmet, short-order, or fast-food? 
-I would say a little bit of all 3. I think I cook nice meals, but sometimes I like them to be quick and easy. I'm always up for a yummy crockpot meal where there is little to now work involved, but i could also spend 1 or 2 hours cooking, just depends oon the day.

Do you love it or hate it? 
-I love it. There are somedays I want to cook more than others, but I generally like to be in the kitchen. 

What's your favorite thing to cook? 
-I like to make chicken and/or shrimp fajitas with homemade salsa and guacamole. {I'll have to put the recipe on the blog} I love Mexican food, its so easy to make too. I guess that's one if my favorites, I don't have an absolute favorite meal. 

Who taught you to cook? 
-Mainly my mom, just watching her and helping in the kitchen when I could. She is a great cook and I am glad my Ma and Pa let my husband and I come eat with them once a week.

Think about these questions yourself, and answer them. If you already love to cook and have no problem with it, what can be your first step to becoming a P31W? If you don't like to cook, try to find simple recipes to try out once or twice a week, don't overwhelm yourself with the task, Sara did say baby steps.

2 comments: