Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't Be A Brat

Things don't always go our way, and then we whine and complain to people we know, we make a Facebook status for the world to see so people will feel sorry for us...and it goes on and on. I think this is something I see and hear everyday, I am guilty of complaining sometimes, I try not to and if I do, I don't tell the whole world. Why can't we all just be happy and be content with our life?! Yes, life does get tough sometimes, but it makes us stronger and we learn lessons from it. God puts us through hard times for a reason, so we will learn to depend and trust in Him more often, to put us in our place if we think we are too good for anything bad to happen. God knows what he is doing. 

Why is being content so hard? Why can't we be happy with what we have, we always want more, or the newest and nicest things. I am also guilty, I do love shopping, but I have to say I have been a good girl lately, only getting thing I need instead of want. We all are guilty of this, but it's something we should change.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he had said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

Many times we think of what we need and how we will obtain those things, instead of trusting in God that he will provide those things. I believe sometimes God wants us to work for what we need so we do not become lazy. I think he wants to see us tith and help others, practicing being a good servant. God will always provide for us, even if it's not brand name, or the newest, He will provide. So try to be content with the things you have and where your life is at as well. People that whine and complain, a word comes to mind to describe them, and that's a "brat". That's the last thing I want my Heavenly Father to think of me, I don't think he actually would, but he wouldn't be happy with me if I complained all the time. I have a roof over my head, a job, food to eat, clothes to wear, heat and air, running water, transpirtation, electricity, I could go on and on. I am thankful for all those things. What if you woke up and only had the things you thanked God for? Thats something to think about.  

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 
Philippians 4:11-13
 

1 comment: