Friday, February 14, 2014

A Love Worth Dying For

Valentines Day, a day about your special someone, chocolates, flowers, gifts, dinner and a movie. Some people hate this day, and some people love it. I do have a Valentine, my husband who is also my best friend. But there is another man I love, more than my husband, my sweet loving savior, Jesus Christ. 

There is no amount of chocolates or flowers, no fancy dinner or piece jewelry that compares to the gift He gave me. Not only me, but everyone. He died for us, he was beaten, and attacked, whipped and called names. When Jesus was hanging on the cross he asked for forgiveness for His attackers, for they did not know what they had done. Jesus took all of that brutality just for us, He didn't fight back, he didn't even talk back. He died on the cross, and rose again to become our savior.

Even if you are single for Valentines day, the main man that should be in your heart is Jesus, if you are a man or woman. He loves you more than you will ever know. We fail him daily, but he forgives us daily. Just thinking about it gives me a mixture of emotions, it makes me happy, it makes me sad because I am so unworthy of His love. Jesus loves us unconditionally, he is with us where ever we go. 

So on this Valentines day I pray that your main Valentine is Jesus and you feel the amazing warmth of His love in your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment