Wednesday, February 5, 2014

P31W Wednesday #5

Sara is ready to start the process of becoming Martha31. She knows she can't take on all 21 verses at one time, so she gives herself a year, which is why the book is a year long project.

A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long. 
Proverbs 31:10-12 (The Message Version)

Sara also uses the book The Love Dare, the book used in the movie Fireproof. The first step in this book is patience. She knows she can be impatient, so she tries in certain situations to stay calm before over reacting. 

The questions for this week are:

What tries your patience? 
A lot of things, I guess. My house has to be in some kind of order before I go to bed each night. People saying they'll do something and then they don't. Being unorganized, traffic, waiting and more. Those are the main problems, that can lead into bigger problems. 

How do you typically react to things that don't go your way? 
Not necessarily "my way" but I usually get a look on my face like what in the world, or why are you doing that. I'm not the type of person that will say my thoughts out loud, I'll just tell my husband when I get home, bless him. 

Everyone deals with their patience everyday, some deal with it differently than others. I'm sure Martha31 stayed cool, calm and collected. I am going to work on my patience more, not let little things bother me. Everything isn't going to be done the way I would do it, some patience issues can lead to stress, so I just need to tell myself I'm too blessed to be stressed

How do you deal with your pateince? Are you calm or do you over react? 





No comments:

Post a Comment